Sunday, September 8, 2013

ZBBG Poster for September 14th performance at UCLACC

Here is a new poster with a little bit of a different feel.
It utilizes a photograph that I took 2 Autumns ago, on the way back home from the Reclamation Exhibition I did at Hermitage in Virginia.
It was a place that sold jellies and salted hams and such, and they had this enigmatic pumpkin house out front.

I thought the photograph would be an exciting starting point for a poster. To me, it speaks of the thrill of the chill, that starts comin' on with Autumn.
Of course, as this the second to last show played at UCLACC, their is exciting new change in the air for this venue as well (they will be moving to PaperHand Puppet Intervention's 'olympia' down the road in Saxapahaw there after!)

No doubt, there is a rich patina of good music and community on the sanctified cinder block walls of that space. (in fact, i'll never forget when owner Marj handed me a marker at the end of a gig, and commanded yours truly to enscribe our mark on those very walls, a proud birth of the ZamBamBooGee logo...)

I hope I can get a good photo of the band on the bench in front of UCLACC.
That would make an even better poster, but in the mean time, I am liking this one, for its bright descending column/cascades of pumpkins, which, like some kind of jumbo beaded curtain, seem to sentry the entry of a semi-sacred space.


    

No comments: