Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Down By The River

Today, after a peaceful and accomplished day at work, I made a little pilgrimage 
to the sacred Haw River, 
to make my first dip of the season. 

But arriving there, I was so taken by the stunning vista of the water pouring over the damn, and the mist rising from this pounding wall of water, that I had to double back, over ouchy gravel, for my camera.



In these following photos, I did a little bit of exploring of this local phenomenon,
 that has long vexed (and almost killed!) me- 
THE EDGE. 

A deceiving placidness suddenly gives way to a pounding force 
The Edge, in condensed form.
The Spillway
I tried to capture some of the ghastly violence of the drop here, 
and I think it comes through, don't you?


However, all said and done, down on the other end-
To quote my ZamBandmate 'Suebamboogee':
"Off the deep end, Baby...
And the water is FINE!!!"

First Dip, Oh Yeah!

No comments: