Thursday, March 22, 2012

Painting Towers at Piedmont Biofuels


This is WAY late, and out of sequence, BUT, I just remembered that I never did post this one episode (alas there are many that I missed posting..).

About around a year ago exactly really, my good friend, Our Local Friendly Muralist, Stacye Leanza called me up, and said she had a job for me.
This involved climbing up on some precarious ladders to paint some logos on the watertanks over at the  Piedmont Biofuels Plant! This was in preperation for a big conference to occur there, in the next day or so.

Well, on such short notice and precarious circumstances, we both probably would have told anyone else to shove it, BUT Lyle and Tammy Estill have been so great to Artists (and the community as a whole (through their Abundance Foundation, sponsering for instance, the Pittsboro Community Mural, that Stacye and I worked together on), and bringing all kinds of artists on site, to really funky up the place real nice (including yours truly, who Lyle bought an Atomic Tiresphere from), that we had to give the guy his due, shaky ladders or no.



So, (I think at Stacye's request) I also enlisted the help of Artist Extraordinaire, Alexander McKenzie, who proved to be a great help through out the whole process.
(Unfortunately, as Alex was on ground support, he was the one taking the pictures (thanks Alex), and sadly, we have none of him!:(

It was real groovy for all of us 3 to be working together again, as Stacye and I both met Alexander on the Pittsboro Mural (Alex painted the wicked Bald Eagle way high up in the dead tree!)

I know that Stacye really enjoyed working with Alex again too.


Focused Work...
And a little fun!


No comments: