Thursday, March 22, 2012

Working on Logo for Downtown Sounds Music Series

In this days first crack of light, I put some time in on a logo for the Downtown Sounds in Siler City 3rd Friday Music Series.
I think I came up with a pretty good design.
In it, I tried to work a little more on the theme that I had struck upon while designing the "Money spent in Town, Keeps This Town Around" bumper sticker.
And that is the idea that a small town is capable of twinkling in a way, maybe, that a larger city can't.

So I did a little bit of work with 'stars' in this one, using them first in the sky, but then 'reflecting them in the scene below.....

It is nice working on a logo for an event and a space that I know so well. Because I know that on a 3rd Friday Night in Siler City, this really can happen. The people on the sidewalk, the artwork, with its investments of hours of handwork and love, these all really can glow on a Friday Night in Siler City.
It is something to behold.
So the trick is giving a taste of this enigmatic experience with others, to let them know what they are missing. This is the job, the providence, of an Artist.  Am I up to the task? We shall see....

My thought is that this logo could be used on letterhead  business cards, refrigerator magnets, postcards, and perhaps a banner to hang up downtown, or out on the highway, during the lead up week to the monthly event. It could even be used as a letterhead for the Performer's Contract that I am developing for the series, to help give the musicians a sense of excitement, about what it is that they are planning to partake in. In fact, this idea is what really got me rolling on the thing at that ungodly hour this morning!

Unfortunately I have yet to figure out how to reduce these pdf files down enough to make blogspot happy, so I guess I'll have to wait to post them...

No comments: